Today has been a really busy one, I set off and caught the L subway over to 14th and Union square then the 6 train down to City Hall and carried on where I left off yesterday... walking across the Brooklyn Bridge from Manhattan to Dumbo, Brooklyn.
I'll only leave you a few photos as I took LOADS of the Manhattan skyline, but they mostly look the same!
(PHOTOS COMING SOON!!)
On arriving Brooklyn side of the bridge I headed over to Dumbo. Not named after the elephant, but because its Down Under The Manhattan Bridge Overpass. I love Dumbo. I sat in the parks for a while, right on the waterfront and then went for ice cream before wandering round the streets and taking these photos of the interesting graffiti:
Eventually my time in Dumbo was up, I walked back across the Brooklyn Bridge into Manhattan, wandered down to the stock exchange and got some falafel to eat before heading back over to Williamsburg to collect my backpack. In that short walk back to the hostel I got sunburnt. Typical!
Backpack on, and walking considerably slower I caught the L train back over to 14th St/8th Av and the A train up to Penn Station. It was crazy busy there and I did not love carrying my backpack, but I made it on the NJ train over to Secaucus eventually. There are only one or two pics from tonight as we wanted an early night :)
love you all lots (and just so you know, i have to moderate comments before they show up so I dont get a load of crazies leaving obscenities!)
xxxxxxx
Saturday, 3 April 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hello catherine, hope our replies/comments are getting through. You sound as if you are having a good time, have you met up with your companions yet? Easter Sunday here, cool with a slight breeze but we still need fleeces to keep warm and a small selection of chocolate have made up the day....do the Americans have chocolate eggs, if they do I bet they are GIGANTIC.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to your next posting, take care.
Fran Cathy Tobs & Oscar
Har har har I'm a crazy leaving an obscenity! Go on, moderate me, I dares you!
ReplyDelete